1 1/3 c pitted dates
1 c walnuts
½ c almond butter
½ c unsweetened cacao powder
1/3 c chopped nuts of your choice
Almond milk as needed to enable mixing
1. In a food processor, finely grind dates and walnuts.
2. Add nut butter; process until mixed.
3. Add cacao, process until well mixed.
4. If needed, a milk 1 tablespoon at a time to finish mixing. You want the dough to be thoroughly mixed, but not sticky.
5. Press into a parchment-lined 8x8 pan. It helps to cover the batter with a layer of saran or Press ‘n’ Seal when pressing.
6. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
7. Chill for at least one hour. Cut in squares. Makes 16