1. 2 teaspoons sesame oil (or oil of your choice if you don’t have sesame, but the sesame really makes the dish!)
2. 1 lb. ground pork or beef (S) or lean ground turkey (E or FP)
3. 6 cups finely sliced cabbage (about 1 medium head)
4. Cup shredded carrots (4g carbs per ¼ cup serving so fine for this S meal)
5. 1 medium onion
6. 3 – 4 cloves, garlic, finely chopped
7. 1 teaspoon ground ginger/ginger powder
8. (if you choose fresh ginger for this recipe, you'll need to use quite a bit and be sure it's grated/minced very fine; I love fresh, but ground really works better in this recipe)
9. ¼ cup coconut aminos (soy sauce alternative) or Bragg's Amino
1. Salt and black pepper to taste
2. Chicken Broth
3. Optional: 2-3 green onion stalks, finely chopped
4. Optional: ¼ tsp red pepper flakes adds a nice kick!
1. Brown the ground pork (or beef or bison) in large frying pan until fully cooked.
2. Turn heat to medium-high and add chopped onion and sesame oil, increase heat to lightly brown the onions.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, ginger and aminos and add to pan, and then immediately add the sliced cabbage and stir.
4. Cook for a few minutes, stirring often, so that it doesn't burn and so all cabbage slightly wilts and reduces in size.
5. Then add shredded carrots and cook for another few minutes.
6. Turn off heat, add chopped green onions, salt and black pepper to taste, stir one last time and serve warm.
7. For speed cooking, buy packaged cole slaw, already chopped carrots and already minced garlic, preferably organic, nonGMO.